| January 30 11:00 h (January 30 17:00 GMT)
In the last 24 hours the monitoring system of Popocatepetl volcano recorded 112 exhalations accompanied by steam, gas and sometimes small amounts of ash the most important where yesterday at 17:44 h (image 1), 18:33 h (image 2), 19:19 h (imagen 3) and today at 01:21 h (image 4), 04:21 h (image 5), 05:44 h (image 6), 07:18 h (image 7) and 07:59 h (image 8), with height between 0.5 y 1.0 km. 2 minutes of tremor where recordered.
Yesterday a small explosion were recorded at 13:53 h (image 9), with a column of steam, gas and sometimes small amounts of ash of 0.4 km height and today two explosion were recorded at 08:30 h (image 10) and 09:58 h (image 11), with columns of steam, gas and sometimes small amounts of ash of 1.2 km height.
During the night incandescence was observed over the crater (image 12).
At morning a steam and gas emission has been observed toward north-east (image 13).
The Volcanic Alert is located in Yellow Phase 2.
This type of activity is included within the scenarios
Volcanic Traffic Light Yellow Phase 2.
The scenarios foreseen for this phase are:
1. Explosive activity of low to intermediate level.
2. Ash fall in nearby towns.
3. Possibility of short range pyroclastic flows and mudflows .
Special emphasis is placed on the following recommendations:
1. Continue the safety radius of 12 km, so staying in that area is not allowed.
2. Keep the controlled traffic between Santiago Xalitzintla and San Pedro Nexapa through Paso de Cortés.
3. Civil Protection authorities, keep your preventive procedures, in accordance with their operational plans.
4. People, be alert to the official information disseminated.
In case of ashfall, address the following recommendations:
• Cover nose and mouth with a wet handkerchief or face mask.
• Clean eyes and throat with pure water.
• Avoid contact lenses to reduce eye irritation.
• Close windows or cover them up, and stay indoors as much as possible.
Popocatepetl Volcano monitoring is performed continuously 24 hours a day. Any change in activity will be reported in due course.