| October 24 11:00 h (October 24 16:00 GMT)
In the last 24 hours the monitoring system of Popocatepetl volcano was recorded 167 low-intensity exhalations accompanied by emissions of steam, gas and sometimes a little amount of ash, the most important were recorded at 20:13 yesterday and 01:42, 05:42, 7:05 and 08:16 today (Image 1), (Image 2), (Image 3), (Image 4) e (Image 5).
At night incandescence was observed over the crater (Image 6).
During sunrise we observed an emission of steam and gas (Video 1).
This type of activity is foreseen within the scenarios
Volcanic Traffic Light Yellow Phase 2.
The scenarios foreseen for this phase are:
1. Explosive activity of low to intermediate level.
2. Ash fall in nearby towns.
3. Possibility of pyroclastic flows and mudflows short range.
Special emphasis is placed on the following recommendations:
1. Continue the safety radius of 12 km, so staying in that area is not allowed.
2. Keep the controlled traffic between Santiago Xalitzintla and San Pedro Nexapa through Paso de Cortés.
3. A Civil Protection authorities, keep your preventive procedures, in accordance with their operational plans.
4. People, being alert to the official information disseminated.
Popocatepetl Volcano monitoring is performed continuously 24 hours. Any change in activity will be reported in due course.