| September 15 11:00 h (September 15 16:00 GMT)
In the last 24 hours the monitoring system of Popocatepetl volcano registered 36 low-intensity exhalations. Due to heavy cloud cover in the area, it could be observed if all were accompanied by emissions of steam and gas, however, observed some with emissions westbound (image 1), (image 2), (image 3), (image 4).
During some periods of the night incandescence on the crater increased with the occurrence of some exhalations was observed (image 5), (image 6).
From early in the day and time of this report, the visibility of the volcano is presented for some periods of time due to cloud cover (image 7).
The Volcanic Alert Semaphore is located in Amarillo Phase 2.
Volcanic Traffic Light is at Yellow Phase 2.
The scenarios foreseen for this phase are:
1. Explosive activity of low to intermediate level.
2. Ash fall in nearby towns.
3. Possibility of pyroclastic flows and mudflows short range.
Special emphasis is placed on the following recommendations:
1. Continue the safety radius of 12 km, so staying in that area is not allowed.
2. Keep the controlled traffic between Santiago Xalitzintla and San Pedro Nexapa through Paso de CortÚs.
3. A Civil Protection authorities, keep your preventive procedures, in accordance with their operational plans.
4. People, being alert to the official information disseminated.
Popocatepetl Volcano monitoring is performed continuously 24 hours. Any change in activity will be reported in due course.